” Be careful what you search for”
- What is this movie about?
A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discover a life form coming from Mars that now threatens the crew and all life on Earth.
- Why should you (absolutely) watch it?
This is a fantastic movie. Not only it’s entertaining but you are tensed the whole time the movie is on the screen. Something that many of us haven’t felt watching this kind of sci-fi horror movies since we watch the masterpiece that is Alien.
If you watch the trailer you probably will think it’s the new Alien movie, which by the way comes out next month, but that is far from the truth. While it might seem like a copy from Alien, this movie takes another path. A path that feels more real to us because this could happen right now, up there, at the ISS and we wouldn’t be aware of it. Not at all. Yes, it is clearly inspired by Alien, but that’s it. Not even the creature looks alike, nor the way the story keeps forward. It has its own charm, its own style, and that is something to be grateful for because it makes the audience enjoy the movie, and that is why we go to the cinema in the first place.
As any science-fiction movie, visual effects are the main characters of the show and in this movie they are but they don’t fully get all our attention because the movie has a terrific cast in it that makes us forget that everything we see is CGI, which is also an added value of it. All the actors are just brilliant. Each of them playing wonderfully their roles and you just can’t hate them in some cases, but just feel really sorry for them, of what you know is going to happen to them. but you keep watching to see it happening.
This movie is a magnet to the eye and it’s not only science-fiction,. because what it depicts, it could really happen anytime. Finding life outside Earth, which it’s still being our focus and are fresh news. A really good movie to enjoy and one that won’t disappoint you at all.
- Did you know?
– The movie was inspired by Alien (1979).
– Life (2017) was released on March 24, 2017 by Columbia Pictures after being moved up from its previously announced release date of May 26, 2017, to avoid competition with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017).
– There is a fan theory where many people believe this to be a prequel for Sony’s film Venom (2018), which was just recently announced.
– In a TV spot commercial, it was revealed that the movie reused old b-roll footage from Spider-Man 3 (2007). Similarities in one particular shot from the commercial was discovered by Reddit user “toomuchsoull.” He credited his discovery to his multiple viewings of Spider-Man 3 (2007) as a kid, along with good memory for small details.
– This was the second time Ryan Reynolds has starred in a Daniel Espinosa film. They previously worked on Safe House (2012) together.
– Second film to be written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and feature Ryan Reynolds. The first was Deadpool (2016)