” If you ain’t scared, you ain’t alive. “
- What is this movie about?
The story follows Arlo, an Apatosaurus dinosaur, who embraces a journey back home with the help of an unlikely human friend.
- Why should you watch it?
Because it’s a Pixar/Disney picture? Do you need more?
This is the second Pixar movie of the year. After the great Inside Out comparisons are unavoidable but that shouldn’t stop you nor should you compare because both movies are completely different.
I dare say that this one resembles more the old Disney movies, you know.. the ones that you cannot help but to cry at some point (or some points). The movie is really sentimental and Arlo is a really cute, human character, one that the kids will love, that for sure. The human of the movie provides the funny part of the story. That is, we are the intruders in the main character’s world, who although it is a dinosaur, behaves more like a human than the human himself. It is really funny and curious to see the animals behaving like humans, in their way, and to the see the human behave like an animal.
What we have here is another Disney/Pixar great work that must be watched an enjoyed and where your age does not matter because we all need a good cry once in a while to keep going on. Please enjoy!
- Did you know?
– This film marks the first time Pixar has released two films in one year, following the release of Inside Out (2015) in June 2015.
– According to the original director Bob Peterson, the inspiration for this film came from his impression of the dinosaur animatronics he saw on a childhood visit to the 1964 New York World’s Fair.
– The dinosaur statues in Inside Out (2015), were used as real dinosaurs in this movie.
– The Good Dinosaur (2015) is the first Pixar film to have a Thanksgiving release since Toy Story 2 (1999), as well as the first one to have a November release since The Incredibles (2004), and the first one to not be released in June since Up (2009).