“Tonight, turn your weapons to the Capitol!”
- What is this movie about?
As the war of Panem escalates to the destruction of other districts by the Capitol, Katniss Everdeen, the reluctant leader of the rebellion, must bring together an army against President Snow, while all she holds dear hangs in the balance….
- Why should you watch it?
Last movie in the Hunger Games saga, worth watching it if you have kept up with the sage until now, and it you left it in the previous one, please watch this one. This one is much better than Part I, not surprising really, as the only reason to split up the third book into two movies was to earn more money, which of course is going to happen.
Here we follow the story where it was left in the previous one and we see how if finishes. There is more action than in the previous one and finally there isn’t any Hunger Games arena where the tributes fight, but the arena is Panem itself. Don’t feel like you didn’t like the end, because trust me, the book is exactly the same, and the final act is like that, so if you want to complain, complain to its original source.
The movie is more entertaining than the previous part as there it advances more (or simply advances) and this is war, yes there is still the propaganda thing but as I said there is more action which is really grateful. As for the actors and actresses, nothing new regarding the previous ones, they keep up the show.
Now that this saga has ended, let’s wait for the next one to begin…
- Did you know?
– The new Mockingjay logo for Part 2 can be found at the end of Mockingjay Part 1 after the end credits.
– Many of the Capitol scenes were shot in Paris and Berlin.
– Gwendoline Christie and Natalie Dormer also co-star in Game of Thrones (2011)
– This was the lowest opening of the franchise in the box office, only making $102.7M.
– First movie poster of the franchise where Katniss does not look straight to the camera.
– That this was the closest to the book of any of the other movies and their books.