- What is this movie about?
Ig and Merrin have been in love for so long, until she is brutally murdered. One year after her dead Ig is still the main suspect. After one crazy night he begins to grow horns on his forehead…
- Why should you watch it?
This movie is something strange at first. We have some teens love story, their evolution from kids to adults, some mystery, who killed Merrin?, then some fantasy, yes those horns!!! And all together make this specific entertaining movie. did I mention that is based on a book? (Haven’t had the change to read it though…)
One has to remember that the main plot of the movie is who killed her girlfriend? Was it him or was it someone else? Most of the movie we forget about that and we just are focused on why is he growing horns!!?? Moreover, because of said horns strange (and sometimes soooo hilarious) things happens around the main character. Really?
It is a quiet entertaining movie where you can enjoy Mr Daniel Radcliffe Potter performance and the always brilliant Juno Temple along with the rest of the cast. Which is quiet funny to see, most british actors playing american people, where has the world become?
Just give it a chance, it is a well made movie which aim is fulfilled: to entertain you!
- Did you know?
– The movie is based on the Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son) novel Horns.
– Shia LaBeouf was originally cast in the lead role but he was replaced with Daniel Radcliffe.
– When Ig’s brother, Terry, is driving Marrin home from the diner, his license plate is seen as “GEN 138,” (Genesis, 13:8), which reads, “And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brothers.”
– Ig’s car’s license plate indicates 2036LUK which probably refers to the Bible (Luke 20:36) which reads: “and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.”