“One Night a Year All Crime is Legal”
- What is this movie about?
One day a year from 7PM to 7AM, all crime is legal. Meaning that you can do whatever you want: kill, kill, kill!! And you will receive no punishment!! Kind off a sequel/spin-off of The Purge. In this movie we have a couple whose car breaks on this night, a mother and daughter who get attacked in the own home, and a man who is out to kill…. All of them will have to survive the 12 hours Purge time…
- Why should you watch this movie?
For being a kind of horror / thriller movie, is not bad!! If we compare with what we are offered nowadays….. The idea is really interesting, once a year, you can do whatever you want (and be done whatever they want!) and you will suffer no punishment at all!! So imagine yourself, would you be a hunter or a haunted?
You are the whole movie in tension, thinking about what is going to happen. Yes, sometimes you can guess, but still, the above all experience is like you are and now what!!?? The movie is being presented to us in a good way, omitting typical horror movies clichés and showing us the truth: what are human beings capable of.
PS: you don’t need to watch “The Purge” (2013) to watch / understand this one.
- Did you know?
– At a point of the movie is mentioned 2023 as the sixth annual purge in the USA. This establishes 2017 as the first purge.
– Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez played a married couple. They are also married to each other in real life.
– New Founding Father (played by Dale Dye) appears credited as Donald Talbott during his TV’s interview just before the beginning of The Purge.